Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's your thing......do what you want to do

I was sitting in a restaurant today and that song came on the speaker. It's your thing.....do what you want to do....it hit me that is right where we are with the clubhouse and how we finish out the facilities. The song really rings true. Maybe, with a slight change, it should read-- it's your club....do what you want to do. Do nothing, have nothing. Do something, have a lot. We need everyone to own the new clubhouse. Everyone has to have a piece of the rock. We have a chance to deliver a quantum leap over what we have today, but we need support, read donations, to outfit the club in the way you expect. That means everyone. Everyone must give something extra. Everyone needs to come to the Hard Hat Party and see what this club can be and how we are going to outfit. I want a clubhouse with a bar and lounge. I want a clubhouse with classrooms. I want a clubhouse that has cooking lessons, expanded language lessons, a large dining area, a great area to view movies and watch ballgames. I want a clubhouse that has more social and cultural events in a comfortable, expansive setting. I want a clubhouse that has wine tastings, special lunches and dinner offerings, wine lockers, a terrific kitchen and a nice decor that I can be proud of and bring my friends to. I think I know what it will take to get it....

Everyone needs to step-up and give something extra


We are building your club. You must support every event whether you participate or not, for your club. You have to support the Golf Tournament, you have underwrite at the Gala by giving a little extra, for your club. I know the clubhouse I want and I know what it takes to get it. The question is do you want the clubhouse I described or not?? We can have it and then some. It's YOUR club, do what you want to do.

No comments: