When Volunteering is courageous
Yesterday over 100 members and guests were treated to unforgetable dinner at our Feast of the Seven Fishes. Course after course delighted all who were in attendance. The anticipation of the next course, the good wine and the spirit of the season made the atmosphere warm and festive. But there is a back story here that needs to be told.
When I broached the subject to Semira Pacifico on the possibility of having this event, I was seeking advice, guidance and counsel. Without hesitation, Semira said " I'll do it" . I want to note what courage it takes for a volunteer to take on such a major project, especially one that the attendees are paying dollars, and expecting so much.
Semira did it all...chose the menu, gathered the recipes, organized the kitchen, prepared the meal, organized the waiters, determined the order of the meal etc. Smiling and motivating the team of volunteers all of the way. All of this, with constraints in every direction. Incredible !!
All who attended received a wonderful gift from Semira and her team of volunteers. One that I and all who enjoyed it will treasure for a long time. Thanks Semira, you are a treasure.
I admire courage.

No comments:
Post a Comment